return to Goat Island

 



I made my first paddle to Goat Island from Jackson's Landing today since probably December. The river by Jackson's Landing freezes over, at least near the shore, making it tricky to put in, so I've had to put in at the Cedar Point landing, just northwest of Goat Island. During the winter I usually hug the shore line just in case, so I don't venture out to Goat Island, even though it is relatively close. This is probably my most frequent route when I go out. 

This shot is from the south side of the island - Fox Point in Newington is across the water in the background. 


It's about 3.2 miles each way, which makes for a great paddle. If I'm pushing myself, I can make it in 90 minutes, but a more casual pace (like today) takes closer to two hours. 

The LHH is only about a mile from Jackson's Landing, so I can be on the water in about 15 minutes when I decide to do this route, which is great. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bailey's Irish Cream Brownies!

corn bread recipe

un-becoming