(sort of pink) champagne cake


Over the winter break I found a new podcast, The Splendid Table. It's the first cooking podcast I have listened to. I have found some really interesting food bloggers through the podcast, and even bought a few of their books! 

Anne Byrn is a cooking blogger, and has a Substack that I now follow called Anne Byrne: Between the Layers. The week before Valentine's she posted a recipe from another cooking blogger, Jolene Handy, for a pink champagne cake. Now K. is a prosecco girl, but pink champagne is close enough, so I decided I had to make this for Valentine's Day. 

I didn't do an adequate job of checking the pantry, so we didn't have pink food coloring (we did have pink sprinkles), but otherwise the cake was a real treat. The champagne gave it just a touch of fruity tang. 

Check out the recipe here:

https://annebyrn.substack.com/p/her-pink-champagne-cake-my-red-velvet?r=9tum8&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=email 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bailey's Irish Cream Brownies!

corn bread recipe

un-becoming