88/365: Gerber Daisies


Kandie loves Gerber daisies. We had this vase (actually a beer glass) on the counter and I thought they needed to be painted. I had the intention of doing something with more detail, but as I started working, this version sort of emerged. I am actually really happy with it. I like the minimal/impressionist version. I'm not sure you would look at this and say, "Wow - great Gerber daisies!" but I feel like they have a fluidity and sense of possibility that I like. I feel like they represent how I approach life. Fast impression, enjoying the taste, and moving on. 

I guess I don't know if that's the right way to approach life. I do meditate on that quite a bit. But it seems that's who I am. I think I want to embrace that more in my art.

Also, with a daily art project, there isn't time to labor over the piece. It has to be done fast. I'm trying to decide if I want to keep this one for myself or put it up on Etsy. I haven't been posting to Etsy. Instead I've just been giving pieces away to friends. But maybe it would be fun to put them back on Etsy. I'll have to think on that.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bailey's Irish Cream Brownies!

corn bread recipe

un-becoming